Women have always been proud of their skin. Be it darkest brown to the lightest hues. But as years go by, there are some dreaded changes that occur in our skin. It no longer looks plump, it loses fat and becomes thinner.
It is not as smooth as it once did. The veins and bones can be seen more easily. Scratches, cuts, or bumps can take longer to heal. Years of sun tanning and pollution leads to wrinkles, dryness, age spots, and even cancer! What can we do?
Can we accept the way we age without losing the vitality we once had?
Why does our skin age?
Skin ageing is a complex biological process influenced by the combination of factors like genetics, cell biology, hormones and environmental factors like chronic UV rays exposure, smoking and pollution.
It is a natural phenomenon for the skin to lose its elasticity but these factors accelerate the ageing process of our skin.
What are the structures in our skin that keeps it healthy?
There are three primary structural components of the skin which function effectively to keep our skin healthy. Collagen, elastin and Glycosaminoglycans(GAG)s.
- Collagen: Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. It is what is responsible for giving skin elasticity, hair its strength, and connective tissue its ability to hold everything in place. In fact, the collagen protein makes up 30% of the total protein in the body, and 70% of the protein in the skin!
- Elastin: As the name goes by it is the protein that is responsible for the skin to resume the shape after it has stretched or contracted.
- Glycosaminoglycans(GAG): These are protein-sugar molecules, together with water, they create a fluid that fills the space between the collagen and elastin fibres in the skin, giving it turgidity. This gel-like fluid is the ground substance. There are many varieties of glycosaminoglycans in the dermis like the hyaluronic acid, chondroitin sulphate, keratin sulphate, dermatan sulphate, heparin sulphate and heparin.
These three components keep the skin healthy and the above-mentioned factors destroy these components and hamper their function promoting skin ageing.
What happens in skin ageing?
- Dry Skin and Itching: Due to loss of GAG’s there is not enough moisture in the skin which leads to drying. And the sebum or the oil in the skin begins to irritate the skin leading to itching.
- Bruises: Elastin and collagen work in harmony. When either of them is deficient even minor scratches turn into bruises due to slow healing processes.
- Wrinkles: Muscles and gravity act on our body at all times. Facial muscles control the shape of the face and gravity acts on the muscles of the face. Elastin works efficiently to counter gravity and muscles when they are in action and resume the face to its original shape. Due to loss of elastin, there are marks on the skin and minor folds which appear as wrinkles. Gravity causes the skin to sag and wrinkle.
- Age Spots and Skin Tags: Age spots are flat brown spots, larger than freckles mostly due to years of exposure to the harsh sun. Skin tags are small fleshy growths seen on eyelids, neck, and body folds such as the armpit, chest, and groin. These are usually harmless but are cosmetically very ugly.
- Skin Cancer: Normal ageing process and prolonged exposure of skin to pollution leads to destruction and thinning of the layers of skin. This leads to increased penetration of UV radiation into the skin leading to skin cancer.
Any single solution to these problems? I don’t want my skin to age so badly!
After reading thousands of pages on the internet, understanding the skin physiology I was searching for a product that could scientifically aid in reversing or at the least halt the progression of ageing. Boy, was I in for a surprise. A friend of mine, older than me started to look so much younger, with skin so healthy and smooth.She wasn’t the one with such a skin, I could see our Facebook photos and say so. But of late her skin had improved so drastically, I couldn’t help asking her what was the real secret. She showed me her cream. Goji Cream. A simple small tube with white cream. That was all. But I am not the one to get fooled with creams. I did my own research. I found out these facts about it.
What is Goji Cream? What does it contain?
It claimed to be a revolutionary combination of high-quality ingredients based on hyaluronic acid, specifically designed for the care of ageing skin. It targets the most visible flaws in the skin such as wrinkles on the forehead and in between the eyebrows, the crow’s feet as it is usually mocked, are the character lines seen next to your eyes, laugh lines, looseness and loss of elasticity, pigmentation reduction, oval deformed face correction.
The ingredients it contains made me trust the cream due to my knowledge of the skin physiology,
- Hyaluronic acid: One of the three components that make up our dermis. Its absence makes the skin wrinkle and dry. Replacing this with a vitamin we take, it stimulates the production of more proteins in the surrounding skin cells and helps in strengthening the skin elasticity
- Collagen: The second most important protein for the structure and rigidity of the skin which helps in reviving the dead cells and offers a powerful lifting-effect to the skin.
- Retinal: The active form of Vitamin A decreases the activity of the oil glands and skin, narrows widened pores and evens the epidermis to give a smooth neat skin.
- Vitamins and Trace Elements: There are micronutrients that we must consume in our diet but due to lack of proper time we fail and ignore to do so. This cream gives the benefit by offering the necessary micronutrients necessary for skin health and beauty. They improve skin texture and repair damaged cells of the dermis.
What do these ingredients do?
- The product tones and brightens up the skin.
- Comprehensive anti-ageing effects
- Visible effects after the first application
- It saturates skin with essential trace elements
- It activates the synthesis of young cells
- It establishes skin elasticity
- It creates an invisible protective layer on the skin surface
- It helps prevent dryness
I have seen a million creams come and go. Why would I trust this?
Yes. Millions of cream come to appease our prejudices that fairness is the best skin colour. All creams focus on enhancing the skin colour, claiming to make them fairer.
This is one of the first creams to have come with an honest claim, to prevent skin ageing and claims nothing to do with fairness. It is the way it should be.
Fairness is not the criteria, it is a healthy skin regardless of the skin tone. This cream provides it to its customers.
Within a period of 30 days, there are drastic improvements in your skin. There is increased smoothness, no pigments, well-moisture, healthy and alive! Don’t believe us believe your own photographs!
Thousands of women of all ages have experienced the benefit and have been complimented for their healthy skin, it is time you give it a try too!